There’s a lot that has happened in the past few days: Anna had a birthday, I made up a new dish, and we organized some more Italy pictures. But all that will have to wait. I’ll post those later this week.
Yesterday, though, Anna and I went to church (surprise, since it was a Sunday, huh?)–it had been a couple of weeks. I sure missed the church we’re currently going to (and considering membership in). Yes, we went to Easter Mass in Venice. And while that was an amazing experience, it’s still not the same as our home church. Well, our church is going through an annual program–it’s only been a couple of years. And I’m itching to tell you all about it and what we’ll be doing to support it, and Water Sunday.
But instead of telling you all the details, I’d suggest that you check out this site. But here’s a little 30,000 foot view. The goal of this drive is to fund the creation of at least 10 new borehole wells and continue to support clean water and sanitation projects in the Ntungamo region located south-western Uganda through a partnership with Living Water International. Water projects will be located within close proximity to schools and 100% of funds collected from the 50 Day Challenge (Spilling Hope) will go to the work in the field.
Our church is encouraging us to live simply, give generously, and change lives. I’ll be working on the first two goals (with Anna’s help) and trust that God will take care of the third. And yes, it just so happens that this meshes well with the new leg of my journey. But I’ll be doing more than that for the next 33 days:
- No drinks other than water (only tap, no bottled water)
- Eating out only twice a week
- Only go shopping at the grocery twice a week
- Eat leftovers before cooking something new
- Limit internet useage (outside of work) to 1 hour a day
- Limit TV watching to an average of 2 hours a day
- We’ll give $100.00 to Spilling Hope on our own.
- Also, I’d love to get some kind of fundraising going through the blogosphere. Maybe I can get some sponsors–like $0.10-$0.25 per mile I run in the next 33 days. Any takers? Let’s build some wells!
Up to Monday:
12 minutes on elliptical
12 minutes on exercise bike
12 minutes on stair stepper
12 minutes on treadmill
ran 3 miles
25 push ups
read the bible
read my devotion
Weekly Calorie Count:
Sunday: xx (never counting Sundays again)
Monday: 2,050 Calories
Daily Average: 2,050 Calories.
Back to twEATing here.