Okay, I’m finally able to give my
resolutions goals. I came up with 5. I’ll list them below in song:
1) I want to walk 500 Miles. This came as a result of Josie’s blog. She wants to walk 500 miles (about 10 miles a week, each week, all year). And I think that’s a great idea! I want to do it, and I really want to blow it out of the water! (But one step at a time, right?)
3) I want to be free. Debt free. Now, this isn’t a big deal, really. I have about $3,500 left on my student loans, and that’s about it. It’s not like we have a lot of debt compared to some people, and Anna’s really the one who got rid of the rest of the financial baggage I brought in to our marriage, but it sure would be nice to be rid of that last little bit.
4) I want to have more patience with my driving. I have never run anyone off the road or anything like that, but I am a little too quick with the horn (hence the song?); and I get way too worked up because of traffic. I really don’t like traffic, but I usually do leave with plenty of time to get to where I’m going, even with a bunch of traffic. So yeah, just more patience on the road would be awesome.
5) I want to entertain more. God has blessed Anna and I with a modestly nice home, and it’s been on my heart to have people over to enjoy the place–it can be anything, such as a BBQ, a game night, a movie night, or hosting a small group meeting.
6) I want to read. At least 15 books. I have a small library of books that I haven’t read yet, and if I ever want to buy my e-reader, I need to get through those books! I’d really like to read 25 books, but my goal is only for 15.
(Caution, more may come in the next couple of days…)