So yeah, I know that I’ve been MIA. And it’s been frustrating. It started with this weekend. Anna was out of town, and while I was feeling a little sick and should have taken it easy, I didn’t do that at all! I had my dad and one of my brothers come over and we remodeled my kitchen to surprise Anna. We almost got everything done, but not quite. So I spent 7 hours on Friday night, 20 hours on Saturday, and 12 hours on Sunday on the house. So no time to workout and no time to rest. And that sunk my ship this week. I got even more sick, and I missed Monday and Tuesday at work. Which made me miss some of my workouts.
So, although Anna’s super happy with her surprise, it sure did come with a cost. And that’s where I’ve been and why I won’t hit my goals this week. But I need to take care of myself health-wise. Once I’m finished with the remodel (except the floors, since those won’t be done for a while), I’ll post some pictures. God Bless!
Going Out With a Bang! Update:
• Consistently achieve my weekly goals (last week yes, this week? Nope!)
• Have a “Tigger Attitude” at work (Yeppers)
• Increase intensity on one machine (treadmill, elliptical, or stair stepper) bi-weekly (increased on the stair stepper this week)
• Only drink one cup of coffee a day (Not so tough anymore)
• No alcohol (not a drop)
• No Fast Food (NONE)
• Read three books (20% done with my second book)
• Cook dinner three nights a week (2 weeks in a row!)
• Stop eating at least 2 hours before bed
• End the year under 275 pounds (on track)
• Add fasting into my spiritual life (not yet)
• Get plugged in at my church (not yet, missed the Meet & Match for small groups on Sunday)
• Get to know my neighbors (nothing this week)
• Develop a budget with Anna—and stick to it! (wrote the “rough draft”)- I changed this to orange based off the suggestion by Steve last week.
Getting better, but still not enough green–especially on my first goal. Grr!!
Total through Wednesday:
1- 25 minute session on the Elliptical
1- 15 minute session on the Treadmill
1- 10 minute session on the Stairmaster
60 sit ups
Read the Bible
4- 25 minute sessions on the Elliptical
4- 15 minute sessions on the Treadmill
4- 10 minute sessions on the Stairmaster
2- DVD workouts (hopefully with Anna)
3-3 Mile Walks
150 sit ups
3 sets of 2- 60 second planks
Read the Bible
Go on a Date with Anna